I am linking up again with Courtney, Mar and Cynthia for Friday Five, and as usual we have a fun theme this week, we get to pick !
Here you can find their blogs :
This week’s theme is Five Favorite ____, so I decided to talk about recipes. I don’t mind cooking, but as I work full time and raise two teenagers, meals need to be quick and easy, as well as healthy. Here are five of my favorite go to recipes :
1. Legumes de soleil : You slice tomates, eggplant, zucchini and onion, cover with olive oil, salt, pepper and maybe some herbs. Bake an hour. It goes great with any meat, chicken, eggs and heats up wonderfully.
2. Baked salmon. Put the pieces in foil, drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper, bake for 20 minutes.
3. Quiche. This has got to be one of the easiest meals ever. The basic recipe : Mix four eggs, a cup of cream, a cup of milk, add some sliced cheese. After that you can add in anything : ham, veggies, broccoli & salmon, hamburger meat… literally anything that does not give off too much water (with tomatoes or zucchini you need to be careful). Bake 30 minutes. I usually do it crustless.
4. Roasted veggies. I just cut them up, drizzle in olive oil and bake. You can also make a ton in advance because they are great as left overs. Green asparagus, peppers, carrots, onion, zucchini, cauliflower, butternut squash, sweet potato…
5. Dessert : more of a summer dish, but you can also buy frozen fruit… cut up strawberries, raspberries, any red fruit… add either a bit of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and top with meringue or speculos / gingerbread cookie that you crumble. I don’t add any sugar as the cookies or meringue sweeten enough.
What is one of your favorite, easy go to recipes ?
If you haven’t checked it out yet, for readers in France I am giving away a race entry to Spartan Obstacle course race in Marseille. Check out the post here :Spartan Race entry giveaway. Aroo !
Have a great weekend !