Welcome October ! I love this month. Cooler days, foliage, great running conditions. I haven’t been as regular with my blogging as I would like to be this fall because I started a new job this month. But I have been trying to be faithful to Friday Five with Courtney, Mar and Cynthia who always have such great themes.
This week’s theme is Fitness Inspiration. People inspire me. Normal, everyday people.
1. My mom. She discovered exercise in her forties and now golfs, walks, does yoga, some weights, some form of exercise everyday. She has no health issues and looks 20 years younger than she actually is.
2. My dad. My dad has exercised for over 50 years. Basketball, racquetball, golf, and walks four miles 5 days a week. Similar to my mom, he has no health issues and looks 20 years younger. If I am even half as healthy as they are when I hit 70, I will be very happy.
3. Bloggers. Any time I need inspiration I just turn on the computer. I recently did a post about blogs I am currently loving. I discover new blogs all the time … I learn something new, see things from a different perspective and get all kinds of great fitness ideas. The fitness world in the US is more evolved than in France, so following US blogs is the best way to keep up with the latest trends. Thanks to all of you for inspiring me and of course, a special note to our three hosts :
4. Friends. I have several friends my age who continue to exercise, eat well, limit their drinking, don’t smoke… just live generally healthy lives and set great examples for their kids. Lori, Liz, Kathy, Kathryn, Mimi, Missy, Lyn….If they can do it, so can I.
5. Racing. I don’t race to win, but race for the atmosphere and camaraderie. A big race in Paris in September inspires my fall season : La Parisienne.
Who inspires you ? What have you got for weekend plans ?