Hello readers and hello Friday Five ! Thanks for stopping by. I am linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run for this week’s theme which is Favorite Summer activities. Be sure to check out the link up.
Summer is definitely here in France. We have been having fantastic weather for the past few weeks, the days are long, it is light out until 10 p.m., the fruit is excellent, then end of the school year excitement is in the air… I LOVE June !
What was hard about this post was to pick 5 favorite summer activities because I have so many, so here you have it:
1. Eating outside. Whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner, I try to take advantage as much as possible of the nice weather. We live in an apartment so eat out on the balcony, or if we go to our country home, then eat outside goes without saying !
2. Gardening. Although I do not have a green thumb, I do like cutting things back, cleaning up the flower beds, mowing the lawn… I think it is the sense of accomplishment it gives.
3. Barbecuing. When we bought our country home, the first thing we bought was an “American BBQ” as my husband says, because many of the BBQs here in France are still with charcoal and this is a gas grill. I grew up in a family where we grilled all the time, even through the winter. In France because I live in an apartment, I don’t have a BBQ. So it was seriously the.first.thing. we bought when we bought a house.
4. Catching up with friends. People have more time in the summer because everything slows down in July and August. The school year sets the tone throughout the year, and summer is vacation time. Fewer people, slower pace, and generally more time to enjoy.
5. Being able to exercise early outside. I am an early riser and in the winter daylight comes around 9 a.m., but in the summer is is 6. So this allows me to be up and out by 8 (considered early in France ! I don’t know anyone who runs at 5:30 or 6). Fewer people are out and its a great way to start the day.
Anything exciting planned for the weekend ? what is the one thing you love most about summer ?