Wow, last Friday in February already ! Spring is just around the corner and I.can’t.wait. The days are getting longer and the temps are getting warmer… I just love this time of year.
Being a mother to two teenage daughters, working full time, finding time for my husband and having to take care of life in general doesn’t always leave much room for “me time”. But that time is such an important part of who I am, that I make an effort to carve out those moments for myself. Here are some of the ways I spend that me-time, definitely indulgences in my busy schedule :
1. Doing a mani /pedi, whether it be done by myself or done by someone else. Having my nails done makes me feel feminine and polished (pun intended). I have recently discovered semi permanent polish and LOVE it.
2. Date night. We make it a point to have a date now and then, so we can actually sit down and talk about life. Date nights are when we often make big, life decisions.
3. Monday evenings is Top Chef night on tv. It comes on at 8:45 p.m. and the kids and hubby know that it is my evening.
4. That hour to myself before anyone else gets up. I take time to linger over breakfast and coffee, go on line, or blog. No interruptions. It is my favorite time & meal of the day.
5. And of course, as this is a healthy living blog, that time on a Sunday morning when I don’t have to be anywhere and I can run, walk or do a combination of both, as far as I want and as long as I want. Just being outside makes my day. Even on a cold winter morning :
Its simple, but it works for me.
How do you carve out time for yourself ? What are your favorite indulgences ?