I am linking up with Courtney, Mar and Cynthia for Friday Five, and this week’s theme is Fall Favorites.
Here you can find their blogs :
I LOVE fall ! For me, fall means Indian summer (I grew up in New England with spectacular foliage), cooler days, a new routine with the start of the school year, fall veggies. So here are 5 of my favorite fall activities :
1. Celebrating my daughter’s birthday. She loves amusements parks so we always go to one the last weekend in September. It is this upcoming Sunday. They grow up too fast.
2. Aquagym. We have classes only from mid Sept. to mid June, so I am always happy when it starts back up again. First class was tonight, it felt great to be back.
3. Cooking with fall veggies. Spaghetti squash, butternut squash, pumpkin, potimarron (couldn’t find the English translation, its like a melon sized pumpkin). I love it roasted.
4. Thanksgiving. Even if we do not celebrate it in France (it IS an American holiday), we are always invited for Thanksgiving dinner by American friends. The ovens here are too small to cook a turkey, so it is usually special ordered from the butcher. But we still have homemade cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes… typical American recipes. The only thing missing is football.
5. Christmas shopping. I am one of those people who strongly dislike shopping, even more so in December. So I usually buy everything by Nov. 15th at the latest.
The only thing I do not like about fall is shorter days. I love light and don’t like it when the days are dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home. I count the days until Dec. 21st when they start getting longer again.
Do you Christmas shop in advance or wait until the last minute ? What is your favorite fall activity ?