Hello Friday ! How was your week ? Not only has it turned cold here in France, but many of the holiday decorations are up, so I figured it would be appropriate for a December favorites theme this week for the Friday Five Link up.
Many thanks to our hosts! You can check out their blogs here :
My December favorites :
1. Our Christmas tree. We always put our tree up the first weekend in December. It is artificial so we can take advantage of it the entire month. Who ever gets up first turns on the lights and the last person to bed turns the lights off.
2. Family time. I live in France and there are four siblings in my husband’s family, and each have 2 to four children. There is usually over 20 of us for Christmas. So. much. fun !Out of 12 cousins, there is only one boy.
3. Tradition. My husband’s family is very traditional and we often have the same meal every year. There are many family recipes, and we always talk about them this time of year and compare and critique. There is one specific, chocolate family cake, the Auguste cake, that each sibling will make and bring. Then we will all compare : overcooked, undercooked, the brand of chocolate used… one day someone added a teaspoon of coffee to flavor. We discussed and debated that for hours !
4. December 22. That is when the days start getting longer. I so love long days.
5. Holiday cards. I still send cards, and receive many. My favorite are those with the photos of friends, family and children. I look forward every year to see how the kids have grown. I also love looking back at the ones we have done !
What do you love about the month of December ? Any fun family traditions ?