I have been in the US this week for work, so decided to pop up to my parent’s house in Maine to see these 2 lovely ladies, who are spending the month withmy parents :
I am really excited, not only to see my girls but to be able to spend the fourth of July in the US, something I have not done in over 20 years ! So here is what I am looking forward to :
1. Maine weather. I love the summer heat in Maine. It brings back childhood memories of fireworks, boating on the lake, barbecues, vacation. It might be a little humid at times, which we never get in France, but that is part of Maine’s charm. The weather forecast looks great (its in celcius) :
2. The ocean. I am sure I will make it to the Maine coast over the next few days. How can you not want to spend time on the water ? (photo credit : my mom)
3. Family. Looking forward to seeing my parents and possibly my extended family. It will only be a few days, so I will not get to see everyone, but as many live close by, I am sure I will see some.
4. Friends. I will definitely hook up with some of them. One of my BFFs from her trip to Paris this past April. Our next selfie will be with the ocean in the background.
5. Racing. I have signed up for the LL Bean 10K. This will be my first US race, and so happy it is in my home state.
Yes. It is going to be a great Fourth of July weekend. And I am sure there will probably be some lake time and barbecues in the mix. My husband is also looking forward to the fourth of July weekend. Even if he is in Paris, I promised to bring him back lobstah.
The only thing I am not looking forward to is the traffic ! Ugh.
What are your plans ?