I love this week’s theme for the Friday Five link up ! Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run always have such fun ideas ! Don’t forget to check them out !
I am a full time working professional, wife and mother of 2 teenage daughters, living in Paris, France. Here is a quick peak into some moments of a typical day…. welcome to my life.
1. 6:30 a.m. I get up. I like the quiet time before anyone else, I like to take time to check social media, have a good breakfast and sip my coffee for 30 minutes.The kids have to be at school for 8:10 a.m. or 9:05 a.m. so they sleep as late as possible, but we still see each other every day.
2. 8:30 a.m. I am driving to work listening to my favorite radio morning program which I listen to on the drive to work. I love the journalist, very provocative but pro-business whose analysis is spot on. @ssoumier is his Twitter feed if you speak French !
3. 12:30 p.m. I eat lunch in the cafeteria at work, as almost no one brings their lunch. We have many choices, from salad bar, meat, fish and vegetarian. There is always something healthy and it is subsidized by the company so it is very reasonable. I don’t take pictures of food at work, but this is similar : protein and veggie (minus the wine).
4. 9 a.m. / 2 p.m. 5 p.m. I am regularly on the phone. I often speak to China first thing in the morning, Germany, Switzerland or the UK mid day, the US end of day… and possibly Mexico or Brazil. Pictures of New York and the UK from recent travels :
5. 7:15 p.m. I leave work to be home within 30 minutes. By the time I get home, make dinner, we eat around 8:30 or 9 p.m. 6 days out of 7 we eat as a family.
The French workday is shifted back a couple hours compared to the US, so my arrival time at the office and time I leave is fairly typical.
Tell me something about your workday !
You might also like :