Saturday morning is my favorite time of the week. My week is non stop, but Saturday morning is a real break. I get up very early which makes the day is so much longer !
1. Uninterrupted me time : I take my time eating my breakfast, usually meal plan, read my paper, do soduku, spend time on line. An hour or two just for myself.
2. The farmer’s market : I get to wander, look at all the different products, spend time choosing what I want to eat over the next couple days. I like seeing and talking with the sales people from the different stands, I run into friends, parents from my kid’s school… there is a real sense of community.
3. Great running moment : Its the perfect time to run without too many people. I usually run the same route and I like seeing the changes in lighting, on the water, the flowers and foliage and to see the different people running. No Saturday morning is the same.
4. I have time to cook ! No appointments, I don’t need to rush to be somewhere, so it is this morning that I will often try a new recipe.
5. My balcony : I take advantage of sitting outside, and having coffee on my balcony. I get direct sunlight all morning, its quiet as it looks on an inside courtyard and not the street. So I soak up the glorious heat, listen to the birds and enjoy my flowers. Its a real privilege to have this opportunity when living in a city.
I look forward to my Saturday mornings… and am already looking forward to tomorrow’s !
What is your favorite moment of the week ? Do you have any weekend rituals ?