I am linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What, and Mar at Mar on the Run for this week’s Friday Five, which was of our choice. I love doing end of year posts because it allows me to look back, look at the bigger picture, see how far I have come, how I have grown personally, professionally, and be thankful for everything I have.
So here are 5 reasons that 2015 was a really good year for me :
1. My teenage girls are happy. Being a teenager is hard, but they are well adjusted, have many interests and activities and are busy doing things they love. I am very proud of what they accomplished this year. My 14 year old wrote a book and my 16 year old volunteers 5 hours every Saturday to feed the homeless.
2. My husband has been cancer free for 5 years. That alone is reason to celebrate the year.
3. I had a great year at work. I changed jobs a little over a year ago, and while I stayed with my company, I took on something completely different. Not only has it allowed me to travel extensively, but more importantly it has pushed me out of my comfort zone and meet some really great people. I have the best boss I have ever had, and great, supportive colleagues. I love this team.
4. I had a really great year in running. No injuries, increased mileage and frequency and many firsts, like my first half marathon back in April.
5. I said no and focused on my priorities. I stepped down from my PTA responsibilities, I limited the “extras” that put a lot of stress on my life, my time and my energy. My focus was on my family, my new job and my running. Everything else took a back seat, which is probably why I am going into the holidays rested, energized and feeling excited about the new year.
A big thank you to my parents, friends, family and all of you, blogger or not, who took the time to read my blog, comment, offer support and encouragement. Looking forward to a great 2016 !
May you have a wonderful holiday season and Merry Christmas if you are celebrating.
Tell me what you are thankful for !