Hello readers and thanks for checking in for today’s Friday Five. I am linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run, for this week’s theme …what I was doing 10 years ago.
Ten years ago, June 2005. Wow.
1. My kids were 3 and 6. So I spent a lot of time nurturing, playing and cuddling (which I still do today, but with teenagers it is a bit different).
2. We were in Maine that summer for my brother’s wedding. And trying to get a 3 year old to cooperate for some pictures.
3. I was probably indulging a bit too much. I had not yet gotten into the healthy lifestyle I have today. In this picture I am definitely heavier / less athletic than I am today. I started running and weight lifting soon afterwards. Not too proud of my haircut either!
4. I was living in the same town I am today. We had moved into a new place 2 years prior, so I am sure I was busy painting a room and planning the renovation of my bathroom. It was the first apartment we owned and when we moved in, the walls were white and we spent the next couple years doing each room. The kitchen was the first room we painted. Yellow, yikes !
5. I was working in the same industry, market research. I had just sold my company to an international company. It was mid June and there was an international meeting in China. So in June 2005 I flew to Beijing for the first of many international trips.
Doing this post was so much fun, looking back and thinking about what I have accomplished and done in 10 years. I love my life.
What about you ? What were you doing 10 years ago ?