Hello everyone, how is your weekend going ? Last Thursday in France was the Ascension, and as this is a very Catholic country, we get the Catholic holidays off. My company was closed Friday, which means I had a four day weekend. Yeah !
Besides a wedding on Saturday, I didn’t have much planned, which was actually very nice, so I played things by ear.
I got in some exercise :
- Thursday morning I went to the gym for 45 minutes of weights / ab work
- Thursday afternoon we had a nice weather so I went out for an hour walk / run
- Friday : I went to the pool for my Aqua gym class at 8 p.m. but it was closed for technical reasons. Bummer. It was too late to do anything else.
- Saturday morning : one hour walk / run
- Sunday : 45 minute weight / ab work at the gym
Overall I felt pretty good. The weather was decent, and I wanted to be outside. I did not want to aggravate my foot, so usually started off by a 2 or 3 km fast walk then put some running into it. I felt great.
Two weekend highlights :
We moved into our apartment about 18 months ago and little by little I have been decorating each room. I am still working on my living / dining room. Back in April I got my wall quilt hung which was a huge accomplishment, and I did one other big job this weekend : covered by dining room chairs with new fabric. The fabric had been old, stained, and the color was faded and dated. So Friday morning, my husband and I went into Paris. There is an area that has tons of fabric stores, and one of the most famous is the Marche St. Pierre.
But we decided on something, so I spent the afternoon covering my six dining room chairs :
Saturday we had a family wedding. I am preparing a post specifically about French weddings, but in the meantime, I actually got a pretty good shot of the four of us :
Have you ever covered chairs ? What is your favorite house project ? Any new recipes you have tried lately ?