It has been a while since I have done a post on food though I regularly take pictures of what I eat. I am definitely a creature of habit where the majority of my meals have protein + veggies. I avoid anything fried or cooked in sauces…. both which do not agree a great deal with my stomach flora. So here is a peak into recent eats… I LOVE summer foods.
Some typical breakfast options :
Protein pancakes (made with coconut flour, although a little burnt), almond butter and a fruit… usually a banana, in this case grapefruit. This is my go to option 80% of the time. I make a huge batch ahead of time and freeze them. It holds me over until lunch.
While in the US recently, my mother made these amazing muffins filled with healthy goodness. To die for… and accompanied by my breakfast favorite, a banana.
Sometimes when I am tired of pancakes, or do not have any left, eggs are a great option. I usually throw in any left over veggies for an omelette. I had them with some French bread. As much as I LOVE bread, I limit myself because it is one of those foods I tend to over eat.
I am a big fan of summer ” garbage” salads, throwing in what ever I have :
- Grilled chicken with greens, tomato, cucumber and an orzo salad.
- Lettuce, tomatoes, nectarines & slice of ham.
- Sausage with salad, tomatoes, quinoa and grilled zucchini.
A couple meals I ate outside the home :
- Appetizers and champagne with friends
- Grilled shrimp tacos with mango & kiwi salsa, Israeli couscous and grilled veggies
And finally, I am a sucker for ice cream :
- Haagen Dazs Gelato (TO.DIE.FOR if you like ice cream)
- Fresh hand picked strawberries & vanilla ice cream
What are you loving lately ? Are you an ice cream fan ?