I am linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What, and Mar at Mar on the Run for this week’s Friday Five, which is a theme of my choice. As I get a lot of questions and comments about France, I thought I would tell you a little bit about my life here.
- I moved to France in 1993 to go to grad school.
- I have been married almost 20 years to a French man. He makes me laugh just as much today as he did 20 years ago ! He has the best sense of humor and doesn’t take life too seriously.
- I have double nationality, French and American. I took on French nationality after I had been here about 10 years. Being able to vote in the country where I live is important to me. I have never missed an election.
- When I speak French, I still have an accent, though most people can not immediately identify it. I asked a guy directions the other day while on a run and he answered me in English. Ggggrrrr. That never happens anymore !
- Although I lived within the Paris city limits for about 10 years, now I don’t actually live IN Paris, but a mile outside. When we bought an apartment it was much cheaper !
Yes, I love France though would consider moving back to the US one day if both my children were there.
Tell me something about yourself ! Have you ever been to France ? Did you like it ?