Some thoughts around recent meals :
- Loving tomatoes ! Juicy, ripe, tasteful tomatoes have finally hit the farmer’s market. I have been using them in everything. This is one of my easiest go-to salads : tuna + rice + tomatoes, topped with some balsamic vinegar. But mostly tomatoes.
2. Healthy dinner option while traveling. I was in Canada this past week and there were a ton of healthy options. I loaded my dinner plate with healthy goodness from the salad bar at the hotel. I wanted to try everything, so I did. Luckily the plate was small !
3. Salad bar galore! I came across this great salad place while looking for lunch. The daily special was a greek salad topped with warm chicken breast, sweet potato, humous and tzatziki.
4. Healthy breakfast while traveling. I have been craving fruit. Really craving fruit. Not sure if it is because it is so abundant at the moment, or just a general need for whole foods, but I was happy to have several choices like this one, which came with a home made slice of banana bread.
5. They make it easy for you ! While sitting in the Toronto airport, each table has an iPad. While this provides information regarding the airport, shops and flights, the other purpose is for you to browse the menu. Once you find something you like, you place your order and pay with your credit card, where the machine to do so is right there. The waiter then brings your food. Now, I travel a lot and I had never come across this. I thought it was brilliant.
What are you loving lately ?