I am usually not a procrastinator, but it all depends on how important the task is to me. I work long hours and my free time during the week is spent either exercising, cooking, at the PTA or with my family. My free time on the weekend is spent doing the same, in addition to groceries, laundry, cleaning, and blogging.
But there are some things that I just don’t get around to doing… My mother recently made me a wonderful wall quilt and sent it to me from the US. It has been over the back of a chair, waiting to be put up, for probably almost two months, I am ashamed to say. She asked me recently, kindly, when I was going to put it up. So, mom, I promise to hang it before the end of the month!
At the same time, I told her not to feel bad. Here is the list of things that have been on my to do list for several days, weeks, months…
- I ordered a book from Amazon for my daughter. Only to realize that I had already bought it, for her sister. I have yet to sent it back.
- ironing… my basket has been sitting in my living room for a while.
A month or two
- I bought some spring pyjamas back at the Gap in February. Top, pants, tshirt. As it was winter, I didn’t get them out until about beginning of March. That is when I realized that two of the three pieces had the theft device attached. UGH. Of course I do NOT have the receipt. The bag has been in my car for at least 6 weeks. Not sure they will take off the devices, but I will try to get to the store to see.
- I re did my kitchen back in February. I bought all new plugs and light switches., only for the electrician to tell me they were not the right ones. The bag of plugs and switches is still in my car. Waiting to be returned.
A little longer
- My daughter needs to have her wisdom teeth out. She had X-rays back in June. I spoke to my dentist about it back in November. I have yet done nothing about it. Mental note to make an appointment for April vacation.
A lot longer
- We got a new couch almost a year ago. I have not gotten rid of the old one.
- I want to get 2 chairs upholstered, so the fabric goes with my new couch. I’ve been looking for fabric since August. Still no real luck. And I haven’t looked that much. I should say I looked at fabric in August, but not since. So here is the laundry on my chair that needs to be upholstered.
However, there are other things that were on my list, that I got done over the past 6 months.
- New curtains for my living room
- Pruned my geraniums and cleaned my balcony
- Bought new plates
- Bought steak knives
- Replaced the carpet in my kid’s bedrooms by hardwood floors
So as I told my mom, please do not feel badly and take it personally. I do what I can as a busy, working mom… but I promise, I will do it this month as I have a staycation coming up. Overall, I did accomplish quite a bit so let’s look at the glass half full. And the rest, well I will get around to it one day. These guys come first :
What have you been wanting to do that you have not gotten around to ? Any weekend projects ? Are you a procrastinator ?