I am linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What, and Mar at Mar on the Run for the final Friday Five. These lovely ladies have hosted this link up for years and have decided it was time to stop. This was the first blog linkup I participated it, and it was also the means of initially meeting so many other bloggers. The link up will be missed, but I completely understand that life sometimes calls for change.
As there is no set theme, I figured some randomness was in order. So here goes…. this month has been CRAZY !
- Running ! A little more than 3 weeks until the NYC marathon. I am getting darn excited. Bib numbers and logistic details were released this week, making it tangible. Several people have told me I am starting off on the top of the bridge. Don’t know if that is good or bad ! Maybe good for the views but bad if it rains ?
2. Work ! October.is.busy. While I haven’t had much travel (that starts up in November), I am doing some strategic planning for next year, managing a very big opportunity with my client, as well as working with some new colleagues around the globe. We also changed office space recently and are now in 100% open space. It takes a little bit of getting used to, as we do not have assigned desks. We have small lockers (seen on the right side of the photo underneath) to keep our things. Our team has ”designated area”, but a desk ? Depends what time you get into the office. We also have no fixed phones, everything is either through Skype, and our landline number also now rings through the computer. It takes a bit of getting used to but I am loving it so far.
3. College ! My eldest is applying to one art school in the US (all other schools in France). Early admission deadline is November 1st which means we are busy pulling everything together now. The tough part is getting letters of recommendation (that is not the norm in France) and writing an essay. Essay writing and structure is something you learn in the US or the UK, France has a different writing style. Try writing your first essay (at 17) when you have never done one. Not easy. Luckily my aunt was a guidance counselor for years. Thank you Irene.
4. Fitness ! I started my second 6 week program with Amanda Tress (amandatress.com) #fasterwaytofatloss. While I have to adjust a bit for marathon training, I love the variety of the workouts, accountability and expectations. And did I mention the results ? In the first 6 weeks I lost 8+ inches. Will keep you posted for this second round.
5. Food ! I am loving the fall fruits & veggies. Butternut squash is one of my favorites, as are apples & pears. I have already roasted, crumbled and grilled. This weekend I hope to find a spaghetti squash, you can only get them here for a month or 2 per year.
Tell me one random thing about your month !
Which fall veggie do you prefer ?
If you have high school aged kids, are you surviving the college application process ?
What is your workspace like ?
Courtney, Mar and Cynthia, I will miss you !