This past week was back to work for me after a three week vacation. I started the week feeling rested, not stressed and glad to be back. I am feeling happy, thankful and positive.
In the beginning of the week I saw a quote on the face book page of a friend that said ” Be Positive. Think Positive. And Positive things will happen”. I very strongly believe the outlook we have on life affects in large part what happens to us, and that quote is 100% me ! It kicked off a great week.
Here are some reasons I was happy this past week :
- After being gone for 3 weeks I was happy to come back and see my colleagues. I work with great people.
- I have new clients. New clients means new opportunities, new ways of doing things and new challenges. New clients are difficult because you need to adjust to their personality and culture, but those challenges keep me on my toes.
- I spent lots of time with my husband. It was just the two of us and we really had time to connect.
- I finished Game of Thrones Season 4. Wow. Tyrion is awesome. You can follow him (Peter Dinklage) on Facebook. If you are a GOT fan, it is so worth it. His FB is just as funny as he is in the series.
- I traveled to a new city in Switzerland for work. Love seeing new places !
- Got back to the gym and got in 2 weight lifting sessions. Felt great to be back.
- I feel rested. Really rested. Probably because I left my obsessional organizational habits aside for 3 weeks and just relaxed.
- I saw friends. With summer vacation you can easily go 6 or 8 weeks without seeing friends. I even have a girls night out this coming Monday.
- My kids are back in Paris.
- My mom is arriving this Thursday. I have not seen her in a year.
Happy, recent memories :
Yes, life is good.
What made you happy this week ?