Here is what I love doing in the fall :
1. Spending time in the farmer’s market. I love fall fruits & veggies.
2. Cooking all the yummy veggies I find (please refer to point 1). This week was already filled with butternut squash and Brussel sprouts. Apple crisp is next on my list.
3. Races. There are many iconic races in France from September to November. I am already anticipating my 16K race this coming Sunday, after a close call (I had forgotten to pay my registration fee). I have an official bib, but my name is Ninis.
4. Running in cooler temps. While this is very unoriginal, this is a running blog and I don’t know many people who actually prefer to run in the heat. The only downside is avoiding the mine field of chestnuts !
5. Thanksgiving. While we do not officially celebrate it in France, we have an American friend who invites us every year. Turkey, stuffing, corn bread, gravy, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie… things you NEVER find in France.
What do you like about the fall ?