After spending 4 days in Maine with my parents, I flew to NJ on Sunday for work. The week was a lot less eventful and very cold ! The highlights of the week :
Fitness : I worked out every.single.day. The hotel had a small but decent gym.
- Monday : 30 minutes of sprints on the bike followed by 30 minutes low impact cardio
- Tuesday : 30 minutes of sprints on the elliptical followed by 30 minutes low impact cardio
- Wednesday : killer full body workout with weights and some HIIT. Squat jumps, burpees, pushups… It took me over an hour to do the entire workout but I pushed through.
- Thursday : Ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill
- Friday : 45 minute lower body workout & two mile walk through the airport.
- Saturday : arrived in France after flying back. Jetlagged, no workout.
- Sunday : As I write this I am planning on running or swimming.
Otherwise, here is some randomness :
- BFF. My college roommate lives in central NJ so we try to get together every time I am there. We went out to dinner Monday to catch up on life.
- B-WICO. Baby was it cold outside ! Mid teens / low twenties. While I grew up in Maine, we do not get that kind of cold weather in France. Ever. And I am glad.
- Frozen dessert. Despite the cold, some of this may have happened. I stay in a hotel with a kitchen so I can prepare some of my own food. This didn’t last the 5 days I was there. Just saying.
- Christmas shopping. I did a little bit but wasn’t very successful. I wanted a pair of these, but went to several stores and called around. No luck. I am usually done my shopping by mid November, so the fact that I still have a couple things to buy is extremely stressful for me.
- Proud parents. I have been posting about the school my daughter wants to go to in the US, Ringling College of Art & Design in Florida, for computer animation. She spent all of October on her application for early decision. Verdict ? She got in ! It is the second best school in the US for what she wants to study, so needless to say, we are all pretty happy and very excited (but scared). Now we just need to figure out how to afford it. No small task. Some of her recent work :
And that’s a wrap !
Is it cold where you live ?
Finished your shopping yet ?