Happy Sunday ! Hope your weekend is going great. My weekend has been busy with house projects. We bought our place two years ago, and redid almost every room except our bedroom and the two bathrooms. So while my mom is here, this second weekend we decided to paint my room.
Most of the colors in my house are neutrals and I add splashes of color here and there. It took me three trips to the hardware store to decide upon a color. Lavender, blueberry…. loved them but I felt it would limit how I could decorate the room. Will show the final color when it is done !
I have never done a post with random facts, so I thought it would be fun. Here goes :
1. I am an early riser. Even on weekends and vacation I am up before 7 (that is early in France).
2. I no longer notice the difference if I am speaking French or English. I think permanently switching from one language to the other has fried my brain. Is this possible ?
3. I love everything about my life – hubby, kids, job, appartment, Paris, France, Europe, traveling, though I do miss my family.
4. I wish I lived closer to my brothers as well as friends from college and HS.
5. I am deeply proud of the girls that my kids are growing up to be, and knowing that I had the patience to make that happen.
6. I spend a lot of money on my facial products & rarely go out of the house without makeup.
7. I have absolutely no taste in interior decorating, and rely on my mother’s ideas. (which is why we paint when she comes to France !)
8. I am rarely sick and do not like taking medication. I prefer prevention.
9. I was a workaholic for a long time but once I had kids I found much more balance to life.
10. I love movies with music, I have seen Pitch Perfect and Mamma Mia at least 20 times each.
11. I like living in a city because I feel safe with all the people around. I don’t think I could live in a house in the middle of nowhere.
12. There is no place I would have rather grown up than in Maine. I have wonderful memories of it.
13. As a child my mother, her 2 sisters and my grandmother got together every single Saturday, along with me and my cousins. They would rotate Saturdays from one home to the other. This is my most cherished childhood memory. I only stopped going when I moved away to college.
14. I am a chronic list maker. It is my saving grace in the world of a working mom.
15. I used to weigh myself everyday. Now I might do it once a month. I am no longer a scale slave !
16. I HATE running in the rain.
17. My favorite drink is Champagne and wine, and I do not like beer. Definitely French influence.
18. My dream as a kid was to work for an international company in Europe. I am living that dream (this is actually written as my goal in my high school yearbook).
19. I love painting my toenails in the summer.
20. When my kids were young I really DID NOT LIKE planning, preparing for or giving birthday parties, but did it every year because I know how much it meant to my children.
21. I once planned a birthday party for my daughter who was in a new school. No one came and no one informed me. I think that was one of the worst days of my life. (but I hated parties before this !)
22. I love public speaking.
23. I have no artistic talent.
24. I need a little something sweet every day.
25. I am always on time.
Tell me three random facts about you !