I am a very focused, goal oriented person. I fix a goal, I make a plan, I break things down into baby steps, and things generally get done. I like to check things off my to do / bucket list, because I need the sense of accomplishment, it fuels my motivation. This is also why I set goals which are generally attainable, with a little bit of a stretch. Enough to challenge myself without generating too much disappointment or frustration.
So firstly, looking back at my 2015 goals, how did I do ? Very well !
Goal 1 : 2015 Fitness : continue exercising 4 days a week : Achieved, except the weeks where I travel for work, four is definitely the norm.
Goal 2 : 2015 Food : Keep reducing my sugar intake and consumption of processed foods : There have been ups & downs on this one. I have definitely reduced processed foods & gluten, but I still like (too much) ice cream, chocolate and a glass of wine (or 2) on the weekends.
Goal 3 : 2015 Family : Continue to spend more time with my girls. Definitely achieved this. It was a good year for mother / daughter relationships.
4. Give my blog a face lift. I didn’t achieve this. I did a couple minor tweaks but that is about it.
5. House projects : Three out of five were accomplished.
- Redo / paint our bathroom. Done.
- Redo the kid’s bathroom. Done
- Tile our balcony. Not done.
- Replace the girl’s beds / desks. Done.
- Replace light fixtures at our summer home. Not done.
6. Run 4 races. Done ! I ran 8 races !
And for 2016 ?
1. Run one race per month. Five are scheduled for the first 6 months already, with 2 destination races. I will have to work hard in July & August to meet this goal because there are very few races during those months.
2. Run my first marathon. This is scheduled for April 3rd !
3. Reduce my waistline by 2 inches and loose 5 pounds. Yes, I am trying to fight life in my forties.
4. Give my blog a face lift. I know what I want to do, but I need to research HOW to do it, or find someone to help me. Any suggestions on who could help ?
5. Visit 2 cities in Europe that I have not yet been to. We have scheduled a family trip to Rome in May, and I am really excited, I have wanted to visit Rome for ages. I would like to do a second city also. There are so many choices !
6. Save money for a big, family vacation in 2017. We are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary next year, but also my daughter will be graduating from high school in a year and a half, so we would like to do something big. Japan or some place tropical tops our list at the moment.
I will continue to exercise 4 times a week and spend time with my girls. These are no longer “goals” but have become habits. 2015 was a really good year for me and I am looking forward to 2016 !
What is the one goal you want to achieve in 2016 ?