After these first three months of 2016 and the completion the Paris Marathon on April 3rd, I thought the timing was right to have a look at my goals, and re-adjust a bit.
Here are the objectives I fixed beginning of January and how things are going :
1. Run one race per month. Goal needs revamping.
I signed up for quite a few races the first 6 months of the year, but I need to modify this goal. I did run the Nice Monacco Half Marathon in January, but did not run anything in February due to non compatibility with training, and in March I travelled for work. And now that I have a second marathon this year, I have to think carefully about my racing schedule.
2. Run my first marathon. Done !
3. Reduce my waistline by 2 inches and loose 5 pounds. Definite progress made. I have stopped weighing myself by I know that I have lost some belly fat because a bit of the muffin top has disappeared. This is definitely linked to marathon training, in large part I think to my fasting runs which are pretty much all my runs on the week days.
4. Give my blog a face lift. Not much has been done. I have updated my picture and general introduction but I want to do so much more than that. I have been trying to fix the slow access to my blog which my hosting company tells me is due to “throttling”. What a pain in the $*!@ that has been. Apologies if you have not been able to easily access it lately.
5. Visit 2 cities in Europe that I have not yet been to. Planned ! We are going to Rome in May and Crete in the summer (although that is technically an island, not a city).
Source : lonely planet
6. Save money for a big, family vacation in 2017. Sort of. This is somewhat of a moving target. We have an unscheduled trip to NY in November (because I got into the NYC Marathon), so we have to manage our finances for 2017.
In light of the above, I have given some thought to my running and fitness goals for the spring and I have decided I want to work on my speed. I have a 15K mid June and I am going to use this as my goal race. For the moment I am definitely enjoying the post marathon period, not “having” to run or train, giving myself a couple weeks to think about my “run faster” goal. So more details to follow soon on “Run Faster!”
I am linking up with Marcia at Marcia’s Healthy Slice, Erika at MCM Mama runs and Patty at My no guilt life for Tuesdays on the run where today’s topic is 2016 goal update (note : I am linking my post done last Saturday).
Have you re-examined your 2016 goals recently ? Any problems with your blog and “throttling” ?