I am linking up with Marcia at Marcia’s Healthy Slice, MCM Mama runs and Patty at My no guilt life for Tuesdays on the run where today’s topic is 2015 Running highlights. So here is my year in numbers, favorites and firsts !
My year in five numbers :
- 8 Races. That is 6 more than 2014. Check out recaps here.
- 1 PR : the Fontainebleau Half Marathon, my first half, so the time counts as a PR, right ?
- 0 injuries. I spent time with the podiatrist adjusting my orthodics and they have done wonders for my knees and hips. My right shin periodically tightens, but even if this can be bothersome, I do not consider it an injury.
- 4 new pairs of sneakers. And three since May, just because I love the color, make & model !
- Over 1000 km (600 miles) run. I have never run so much, so this is a very big accomplishment ! Mileage has definitely gone up because of marathon training.
- Jan to April : I averaged 40 to 50 km per month , and it has been increasing ever since
- May : 92 km
- June : 75 km
- July : 117 km
- August :137 km
- September : 105 km
- October : 125 km
- November :144 km
- December : month is not finished !
Five favorites of the year :
- Favorite race picture. I love this memory, it was worth every penny !
- My favorite running purchase is a tie between my Athleta windbreaker and this sports bra.
- Favorite place I ran : South Western part of France during summer vacation.
- Favorite race : the Paris Versailles 16K with some major hills that I crushed.
- Favorite race supporter : my daughter who came to 2 of my races
Five firsts of the year : first time ever …
- That my husband came to a race to cheer me on. This is going up in 2016, he is already planning to come to at least 2 races.
- To follow a training plan (for my half marathon). I had never ever followed a plan before.
- To run a half marathon, the Fontainebleau Half Marathon
- To run with a group. I did it twice but am definitely more of a cat runner, preferring to run solo
- To run a race in a different country, the the LLBean 4th of July 10K in my home state of Maine
I feel really really great (and lucky) about my year in running and I think it is because of 3 reasons :
- I set goals (specific, time sensitive, attainable goals) and made them a priority. .
- I respected & listened to my body. I was big on prevention. I accept that I am getting older so I did not spend the year chasing time goals, but enjoyed the
- I had the “mental availability” to make running a priority, the timing with my personal life fit.
I want to thank the blogger community, all those fitness fanatics and runners, friends & family for supporting me this year. It was a good year and I am looking forward to 2016 !
Tell me a first or a favorite of your year in running !